Friday, August 17, 2012

The Curriculum....

In my previous post I mentioned that we were using My Father's World. We are using it for everything except Science, Math & Language Arts. So the boys have Bible, literature, history/geography, music appreciation, art, and character development.

Both boys are using Math U See but have different text books & DVDs.

Rhys is using Primary Language Lessons for Language Arts. Caleb actually has 2 books. Easy Grammar and Daily Grams .

The best part is Science & PE. We joined a small group of families for a weekly Co Op including Science & PE. The kids get a weekly classroom setting with a hands on science activity and then an organized PE lesson. The rest of the week, we study science from Christian Kids Explore Earth & Space.

We will also supplement different unit studies during the year as we come across things that interest us.

I've been told by many Homeschool Moms that the great thing is that we can change curriculum if it isn't working for us. So far, we are loving this but I reserve the right to change my mind. LOL :)

No comments:

Post a Comment